This section is from the book "A Practical Treatise On The Joints Made And Used By Builders", by Wyvill J. Christy. Also available from Amazon: Practical treatise on the joints made and used by builders.
117. SUBTERRANEOUS SURVEYING, Elementary and Practical
Treatise on, with and without the Magnetic Needle. By Thomas Fenwick, Surveyor of Mines, and Thomas Baker, C.E. Illustrated. 2s. 6d.#
133. METALLURGY OF COPPER ; an Introduction to the Methods of Seeking, Mining, and Assaying Copper, and Manufacturing its Alloys. By Robert H. Lamborn, Ph.D. Woodcuts. 2s. 6d.t
135. ELECTRO-METALLURGY; Practically Treated. By Alexander Watt, F.R.S.S.A. 7th Edition, revised, with important additions, including the Electro-Deposition of Nickel, etc. Woodcuts. 3s.#
172. MINING TOOLS, Manual of. For the Use of Mine Managers, Agents, Students, etc. By William Morgans. 2s. 6d.t 172*. MINING TOOLS, ATLAS of Engravings to Illustrate the above, containing 235 Illustrations, drawn to Scale. 4to. 4s. 6d.; cloth boards, 6s.
176. METALLURGY OF IRON. Containing History of Iron Manufacture, Methods of Assay, and Analyses of Iron Ores, Processes of Manufacture of Iron and Steel, etc. By H. Bauerman, F.G.S. 4th Edition. 4s. 6d.#
180. COAL AND COAL MINING, A Rudimentary Treatise on. By Warington W. Smyth, M.A., F.R.S. Fifth Edition, revised and enlarged. With numerous Illustrations. 3s. 6d.# [ Just Published.
195. THE MINERAL SURVEYOR AND VALUER'S COM-PLETE GUIDE, with new Traverse Tables, and Descriptions of Improved Instruments; also the Correct Principles of Laying out and Valuing Minera' Properties. By William Lintern, Mining and Civil Engineer. 3s. 6d #
214. SLATE AND SLATE QUARRYING, Scientific/Practical, and Commercial. By D. C. Davies, F.G.S., Mining Engineer, etc. With numerous Illustrations and Folding Plates. 3s.%
215. THE GOLDSMITH'S HANDBOOK, containing full Instructions for the Alloying: and Working of Gold. By George E. Gee, Goldsmith and Silversmith. Second Edition, considerably enlarged. 3s.# [Just published.
225. THE SILVERSMITH'S HANDBOOK, containing full In-structions for the Alloying and Working: of Silver. By George E. Gee. 3s.*
220. MAGNETIC SURVEYING, AND ANGULAR SURVEY-
ING, with Records of the Peculiarities of Needle Disturbances. Compiled from the Results of carefully made Experiments. By William Lintern, Mining and Civil Engineer and Surveyor. 2s. (Just published.