Macaroni Baked With Cheese. Cover the bottom of a baking dish with plain boiled macaroni. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Add another layer of macaroni and another of cheese. Repeat until the dish is full. Pour a thin sauce over this, almost filling the dish. Cover with buttered crumbs and bake in hot oven until crumbs are brown. Some prefer to omit the crumbs and have a thick layer of the cheese on top which becomes crisp and brown. Boiled macaroni and spaghetti may be served with tomato sauce and a little grated cheese This is called "Italian style."
1. For what reasons are the cereal products so valuable?
2. Compare the composition of the different grains.
3. What changes are effected in the proper cookery of cereals?
4. What are the important points in practice?
5. What are the advantages of a good "ready to serve " break-fast cereal?
6. Ascertain the cost of a box of puffed cereal and an uncooked cereal of the same size. Weigh the contents of the two.
7. Estimate the cost of each one served to a family of six.
8. What is the cost of a 100-Calorie portion?