This section is from the book "Research In Physiopathology As Basis Of Guided Chemotherapy With Special Application To Cancer", by Emanuel Revici. Also available from amazon: Research In Physiopathology
66. BURCHENAL, J. H.: The newer nitrogen mustards in the treatment of leukemia. Radiology 50:494, 1948. BURCHENAL, J. H., BURCHENAL, J. R., and JOHNSTON, S. F.: Chemotherapy of leukemia III. Further studies on the effect of nitrogen mustards and related compounds on transmitted mouse leukemia. Cancer 4:353, 1951.
67. LANDING, B. H., and EISENBERG, F. F.: Nitrogen mustards. Statistical analysis of effects on Sarcoma 180 and viscera of normal mice in relation to toxicity and structure. Cancer 2:1083, 1949.
68. LANDING, B. H., GOLDIN, A., NOE, H. A., GOLDBERG, B., and SHAPIRO, D. M.: Systemic pathological effects of nitrogen mustards, and a comparison of toxicity, chemical structure, and cytotoxic effect, with reference to the chemotherapy of tumors. Cancer 2:1055, 1949.
HADDOW, A., and ROSS, W. C. J.: Tumour growth inhibiting alkyl sulfonates. Nature 177:995, 1956.
HADDOW, A.: Mode of action of the nitrogen mustards. Proc. 1st Nat. Cancer Conf. p. 88, 1949.
HADDOW, A.: Recent progress in the study of chemical carcinogenesis. Proc. 2nd Nat. Cancer Conf. p. 79, 1952.
HADDOW, A.: The chemical and genetic mechanisms of carcinogens, I. The Physiopathology of Cancer, ed. F. Homburger and W. W. Fish man. London and Toronto, 1953.
HADDOW, A.: The biochemistry of cancer. Ann. Rev. Biochem. 24:689, 1955.
69. ROUS, P.: Transmission of a malignant new growth by means of a cellfree filtrate. /. A. M. A. 56:198, 1911.
ROUS, P.: Resistance to a tumor producing agent as distinct from resistance to the implanted tumor cells. J. Exper. Med. 18:416. 1913.
ROUS, P.: The nearer causes of cancer. J. A.M. A. 122:573, 1943.
71. BITTNER. J. J.: Some possible effects of nursing on mammary gland tumor incidence in mice. Science 84:162, 1936.
72. HESTON, W. E., and DERINGER, M. K.: Test for a maternal influence in the development of mammary gland tumors in agents free strain CM mice. J. Nat. Cancer Inst. 13:167, 1952.
73. DMOCHOWSKI, L.: The milk agent in the origin of mammary tumors in mice. Adv. Cancer Res. 1:103, 1953.
74. LURIA, S. E.: Bacteriophage: an essay of virus reproduction. Science 111:507, 1950.
76. LWOFF, A., and GUTTMAN, A.: Recherches sur un Bacillus Megatherium lysogene. Ann. Inst. Pasteur 78:711, 1950. LWOFF, A.: Lysogeny. Bad. Rev. 17:270, 1953. JACOB, F.: Les Bacleries Lysogenes. Paris, 1954.
78. NICOLAU, S.: Herpes. Les Uitravirus des Maladies Humaines. Edit. C. Levaditi, and P. Lepine. Paris, Maloine, 1943.
80. LEPINE, P., and LAFFORET FURIET, J.: Papillome de Shope. Les Uitravirus des Maladies Humaines. Paris, Maloine, 1943.
81. SHOPE, R.: Infectious papillomatosis of rabbits. J. Exper. Med. 58:607, 1933.
82. DURAN REYNALS, F.: Neoplastic infection and cancer. Am. J. Med. 8:490, 1950.
83. ANDERSON, K.: Pathogenesis of herpes simplex infection in chick embryos. Am. J. Path. 16:137, 1940.
84. AHLSTROM, C. G.: On the anatomical character of the infectious myxoma of rabbits. Acta Path, et Microbi. Scandinav 17:377, 1940.
85. BONNET, S. C. J., HORGAN, E. S., and MANSUR ALI HASEE, B.:
The pox diseases of sheep and goats. J. Comp. Path. & Therap. 54:133, 1944.
GLOVER, R. E.: Contagious pustular dermatitis of the sheep. J. Com. Path. & Therap. 54:131, 1944.
86. DURAN REYNALS, F., and SHRIGLEY, E. W.: Virus infection as an etiological agent of cancer. A. A. A. S. Research Conference on Cancer p. 1, 1944.
87. DURAN REYNALS, F.: Immunologcial factors that influence the neoplastic effects of the rabbit fibroma virus. Cancer Research 5:25, 1945.
88. DURAN REYNALS, F.: A hemorrhagic disease occurring in chicks inoculated with the Rous and Fuginami viruses. Yale, J. Biol. & Med. 13:77, 1940.
KARNOFSKY, D. A., PARISETTE, L. M., PATTERSON, P. A., and JACQUEZ, J. A.: The behavior and growth of homologous and heterologous normal and neoplastic tissues in the chick embryo; and the influence of various agents on tumor growth. Acta. Unio. Internal. Contra Cancerum Asta 6:641, 1949.
MILFORD, J. S., and DURAN REYNALS, F.: Growth of a chicken sarcoma virus in the chick embryo in the absence of neoplasia. Cancer Research 3:578, 1943.
89. BLAKEMORE, F.: Further observations on the demonstration of an infective agent in the tissues of fowls affected with fowl paralysis (neurolymphomatosis). J. Comp. Path. & Therap. 55:1, 1945.
90. PAPPENHEIMER, A. W., DUNN, L. C, CONE, V, and SEIDLIN, S. M.: Studies on fowl paralysis (neurolymphomatosis gallinarum): I. Clinical features and pathology. J. Exper. Med. 44:63, 1929.
91. JACKSON, C: Relationship of glioma to encephalitis in the domestic fowl and associated parasitic agents. Nature 161:441, 1948.
92. WATERS, N. F., and BYWATERS, J.: Influence of age of chickens at contact exposure on incidence of lymphomatosis. Poultry Sci. 28:254, 1949.
DURAN REYNALS, F.: The infection of turkeys and guinea fowls by the Rous sarcoma virus and the accompanying variations of the virus. Cancer Research 3:569, 1943.
93. BURMESTER, P. R., PRICKETT, C. O., and BELDING, T. C: A filtrable agent producing lymphoid tumors and osteopetrosis in chickens. Cancer Res. 6:189, 1946.
94. GOTTRAL, G. E.: Avian lymphomatis, another egg borne disease. Proc. 53rd Ann. 183, 1950.
95. GROSS, L.: Is leukemia caused by a transmissible virus? J. Hemat. 9:557, 1954.
96. LAW, L. W.: Recent advances in experimental leukemia research. Cancer Res. 14:695, 1954.
97. STEWART, S. E.: Neoplasms in mice inoculated with cell free extracts or filtrates of leukemia mouse tissue. I. Neoplasms of the parotid and adrenal glands. J. Nat. Cancer Inst. 15:1931, 1955.
98. DURAN REYNALS, F.: The reciprocal infection of ducks and chickens with tumor inducing viruses. Cancer Res. 2:343, 1942. DURAN REYNALS, F.: The age factor in adaptability of a sarcoma virus to other animal species. Science 103:748, 1946.
99. CARR, J. G.: The absence of a seasonal influence upon the Rous no. 1 sarcoma in young chicks. Brit. J. Exper. Path. 23:339, 1942.
100. ENGELBRETH HOLM, J.: Spontaneous and Experimental Leukemia in Animals. Edinburgh. Oliver and Boyd, Ltd., 1942.
101. BAGG, H. J.: Experimental production of teratoma testis in the fowl. Am. J. Cancer 25:69, 1936.
102. DURAN REYNALS, F., and FREIRE, P. M.: The age of the tumorbearing hosts as a factor conditioning the transmissibility of a chicken sarcoma by filtrates and cells. (Tentative title of a paper in preparation.)
FREIRE, P. M., and DURAN REYNALS, F.: A study of the generalized lesions from a chicken sarcoma in relation to some characteristic of the causative virus. (Tentative title of a paper in preparation.)
103. GROSS, L.: Induction of parotid carcinomas and/or subcutaneous sarcomas in C3H mice with normal C2H organs extracts. Proc. Soc. Exper. Biol. & Med. 88:362, 1955.
104. LAW, L. W., DUNN, T. B., and BOYLE, P. J.: Neoplasms in the C2H strain and in F hybrid mice of two grosses following introduction of extracts and filtrates of leukemia tissues. J. Nat. Cancer Inst. 16:495, 1955.
105. GROSS, L.: Neck tumors or leukemia, developing in adult CM mice following inoculation in early infancy, with filtered (BERKFELD, N.) or centrifugated (144,000 X 9) A K leukemic extracts. Cancer 6:948, 1953.
106. SHOPE, R. E.: Infectious papillomatosis of rabbits, with note on histopathology. J. Exper. Med. 58:607, 1933.
107. OBERLING, C, and GUERIN, M.: The role of viruses in the production of cancer. Adv. Cancer Res. 2:253, 1954.
108. BRYAN, W. R., CALNAN, D., and MOLONEY, J. B.: Biological studies on the Rous sarcoma virus. III. The recovery of virus from experimental tumors in relation to initiating dose. J. Nat. Cancer Inst. 16:317, 1955.
111. OBERLING. C. and GUERIN, M.: The role of viruses in the production of cancer. Advanc. Cancer Res. 2:353, 1954.
112. CAMPBELL, J. C: Neoplastic disease of the fowl with special references to its history, incidence and seasonal variation. Comp. Path. & Therap. 55:308, 1945.
JUNGHERR, E.: The avian leukosis complex. Diseases of Poultry. (H. E. Biester, ed.) Ames, Iowa. State College Press, p. 367, 1943.
ELLERMAN, V.: Leucosis of Fowls and Leucemia Problems. London, Glydendal, 1921.
LAFFORET FURIET, J.: Tumeurs de la poule. Les Uitravirus des Maladies Humaines. Paris, Maloine. 1943.
113. CARR, J. G.: Some investigations upon the nature of the resistance of an inbred line of fowls to the development of the Rous No. 1 sarcoma. Brit. J. Exper. Path. 24:127, 1943. COLE, R. K.: Genetic resistance to the transmissible sarcoma of the fowl. Cancer Research 1:714, 1941.
114. WINTON, B.: 11th Annual Report of the Regional Poultry Research Laboratory. East Lansing, Michigan, 1950.
115. DURAN REYNALS, F.: Unpublished observations.
116. PELLER, S.: Cancer and its relationship to pregnancy, to delivery and to marital and social status. Surg. Gyn. Obst. 71:1 and 181, 1940.
117. LeSHAN, L., and REZNIKOFF, M.: A psychological factor apparently associated with neoplastic disease. J. Abn. Soc. Psychol. 60:439, 1960.
118. LeSHAN, L., and WORTHINGTON, R.: Loss of cathexes as a common psychodynamic characteristic of cancer patients. An attempt at statistical validation of a clinical hypothesis. Psychol. Rep. 2:183, 1956.
119. LeSHAN, L., and WORTHINGTON, R.: Some recurrent life history patterns observed in patients with malignant disease. J. Nerv. Ment. Dis. 124:460, 1956.
120. LeSHAN, L., and GASSMANN, M.: Some observations on psychotherapy with patients with neoplastic disease. Am. J. Psychother. 12:723, 1958.
121. PETSCHKE, H.: Psychosomatic factors and neoplasia. Z. Psychosomat. Red. 3:41, 1956.
122. LeSHAN, L., MARVIN, S., and LYERLY, O.: Some evidence of a relationship between Hodgkin's disease and intelligence. A. M. A. Arch. Gen. Psychiat. 1:477, 1959.
123. LESHAN, L.: Psychological states as factors in the development of malignant disease. A critical review. J. Nat. Ca. Inst. 22:1, 1959.
124. LECLOUX, J.: Compte rendu Soc. Biol. 91:1155, 1929. LECLOUX, J.: Compte rendu Soc. Biol. 93:832, 1925. LECLOUX, J.: Cancer Bruxelles 8:37, 1932.
125. BIERICH, R., and KALLE, K.: Ztschr. f. Physiol. Chem. 159:1, 1926.
126. FE1NSTEIN, R. N., and STARE, F. J.: Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol, and Med. 45:525, 1940. 126 MAWSON, C. A.: Bioch. J. 31:1592, 1936.
127. HINGERTY, D.: Bioch. J. 66:429, 1957.
128. HALDEN, W., and PROKOP, L.: Cholesterin, Ernahrung, Gesundheit. Munich, 1957.
129. WILLHEIM, R., REVICI, E., FLUSS, P., and AUBER, M.: Further experiments concerning the lytic power of blood serum against ascites tumor cells. Exper. Med. and Surg. 17:271, 1959.
130. VOELKEL, H.: Thesis, 1953.
131. SCHNITZLER, B.: Miinchener Medizinische Wochenschrift. 99:81, 1957.
132. BERSOHN, I., and OELOFSE, P. J.: Lancet 272:1020, 1957.
HALDEN, W., and PROKOP, L.: Cholesterin, Ernahrung, Gesundheit. Munich, 1957.
133. PILLEMER, L., BLUM, L.. LEPOW, I. H., ROSS, O. A., TODD. E. W., and WARDLAW, A. C: Science 120:279, 1954. PILLEMER, L., and ROSS, O. D.: Science 121:732, 1955. PILLEMER, L.: Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sc. 66:233, 1956.
134. FLINK, E. B.: J. A. M. A. 160:1406, 1956.
135. HORDER, LORD, DODDS, and MORAN: Bread. London, 1954.
136. O'DELL, B. L., MORRIS, E. E, and HOGAN, A. G.: J. of Nutrition 63:65, 1957.
DIEHL, J. C, and TROMP, S. W.: Probleme der geographischen und geologischen Haufigkeisverteilung der Krebsterblichkeit. Ulm, 1955. ANONYMOUS: Lancet 270:31, 1956.
ANSELL, B. M., REIFFEL, L., STONE, C. A., and KARK, R. M.: Lancet 11:464, 1957. SPARGO, B.:J. of the Laboratory and Clinical Medicine 43:802, 1954. TROMP, S. W.: Report of 5th Conference of the International Society of Geographical Pathology 929, 1954. TROMP, S. W.: British J. of Cancer 8:585, 1954. TROMP, S. W., and DIEHL, J. C: British I. of Cancer 9:349, 1955.