Wyandotte, a N". E. county of Kansas, separated from Missouri on the northeast by the Missouri river, and intersected in the S. part by the Kansas; area, 155 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 10,015; in 1875, 12,363. It is traversed by the Kansas Pacific and Missouri Pacific railroads. It is well timbered, and has a fertile soil. The chief productions in 1870 were 18,695 bushels of wheat, 233,905 of Indian corn, 24,129 of oats, 52,339 of potatoes, 40,865 lbs. of butter, and 1,589 tons of hay; 1 railroad repair shop, 3 flour mills, and 6 saw mills. Capital, Wyandotte.
Wyandotte, a city of Wayne co., Michigan, on the Detroit river, 12 m. below Detroit; pop. in 1870, 2,731; in 1874, 3,338. It has railroad communication by means of the Lake Shore and Michigan and the Canada Southern lines. It contains two blast furnaces, extensive rolling mills, stove works, a ship yard for the construction of iron vessels, extensive silver smelting and refining works, a saw mill, and a planing mill. There are a savings bank, two union schools, a weekly newspaper, and six churches (Episcopal, Methodist, Presbyterian, and Roman Catholic). It was incorporated in 1867.