Dearborn, a S. E. county of Indiana, bordering on Ohio, drained by Whitewater river, and separated from Kentucky by the Ohio river; area, 291 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 24,116. Part of the surface is level and part hilly; the soil is generally fertile. Limestone is the principal rock. The Ohio and Mississippi, and the Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and La Fayette railroads, and the Whitewater canal traverse it, and the Whitewater Valley railroad intersects the N. E. corner. The chief productions in 1870 were 171,656 bushels of wheat, 448,-793 of Indian corn, 156,314 of oats, 59,122 of barley, 66,506 of potatoes, 18,697 tons of hay, 331,232 lbs. of butter, and 18,777 of wool. There were 4,507 horses, 4,621 milch cows, 4,239 other cattle, 6,017 sheep, and 10,820 swine; 6 flour mills, 1 planing mill, 3 saw mills, 4 manufactories of carriages and wagons, 1 of cars, 8 of barrels, 5 of furniture, 1 of iron castings, 3 of machinery, 8 of cigars, 1 of woollen goods, 3 distilleries, and 8 breweries. Capital, Lawrenceburg.