68. All Terra Cotta work under this contract, except as hereinafter specified, shall be executed in strict conformity with the Standard Specification for the Manufacture, Furnishing and Setting of Terra Cotta, adopted by the National Terra Cotta Society; which Standard Specification is hereby declared and made a part of this specification with the same force and effect as if written herein in full.
69. All Terra Cotta (Note: - If several textures or finishes are to be used give location of each) shall be:
70. (1) Unglazed:
Surface Finish of flat members shall be:
(b) Tooled or Drove.
(bl) Eight lines to the inch. (b2) Six lines to the inch.
(c) Light irregular drag or combing.
(d) Heavy irregular drag or combing.
(e) Special (Note: - Special surface finishes like "bush-hammered," "pitted, "vermicu-lated," etc., should be described.)
71. The surface finishes of mouldings and curved surfaces generally shall be (Note: - Unless otherwise specified these surfaces are generally made smooth.)
72. (2) Unglazed Granite Colors: Surface finishes of flat members generally shall be (a, b, c, d, e).
The surface finish of mouldings and curved surfaces generally shall be (Note: - Unless otherwise specified these surfaces are generally made smooth.)
73. (3) Lustrous or Full Glazed or Enameled: Surface finish shall be (Note: - Unless otherwise specified these surfaces are generally made smooth.)
74. (4) Mat or Dull Glazed or Enameled: Surface finish shall be (See Note 3).
75. (5) Lustrous or Full Glazed or Enameled Granite: Surface finish shall be (See Note 3).
76. (6) Mat or Dull Glazed Enameled Granite: Surface finish shall be (See Note 3).
77. The color of the Terra Cotta generally shall be (...................................) as per approved sample or samples.
78. (7) The Terra Cotta comprising (___described here in detail....) shall be (two, three, four) color polychrome. Colors (. .. .specify where....) shall be blended.
79. (8) The surface finishes of (....specify where...) shall be fire gilded with (mat or lustrous) gold glaze.
(Note: - Sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 6, are alternates. If there is no polychrome work or no fire gilding omit sections 7 and 8. Sections a, b, c, d, e, are alternates for surface finish.)
80. The Terra Cotta manufacturer shall furnish and deliver (f. o. b. cars factory with freight allowed to destination) (on trucks at the site of the building) (and set) all the Terra Cotta as indicated on the drawings or as here described.
81. All Terra Cotta shall be set by the (Terra Cotta manufacturer), (mason....). For such anchors and metal work as are to be furnished by the setting contractor see Standard Specification.
(Note to architect: - If the Terra Cotta manufacturer is to set his material include the following clause in the Terra Cotta specification. See also suggested clauses at end of this specification to take care of these omissions and for incorporation in the specifications for the work of other trades.)
82. "Hoisting service, storage space, setting mortar delivered on the scaffold, outside and inside scaffolds, runways and platforms, water, temporary light and removal of refuse, shall be furnished to the Terra Cotta manufacturer free of charge by the (....mason contractor...)."
(Note to architect: - If the work is of such scope or character that the proper handling and setting requires special skill, the following clause may be inserted: "The Terra Cotta manufacturer shall furnish at the expense of the setting contractor a competent Terra Cotta setter to assist in the sorting, selecting, handling and setting of the Terra Cotta.")
83. (The Standard Specification does not require any joints to be rubbed. If rubbed joints are to be required it should be so stated here.)
84. (The Standard Specification requires all joints to be approximately J œ" wide. If joints of a different width are desired it should be so stated here.)