Bridlington (formerly written Brelling-ton, and usually called Burlington), a parish of the East Riding of Yorkshire, England, on the railway from Hull to Scarborough, on the North sea, 6 m. W. S. W. of Flamborough Head and 25 m. N. N. E. of Hull. It includes the market towns of Bridlington and Bridlington Quay; pop. in 1871, 9,662. The town of Bridlington is built chiefly along one narrow street, and contains the remains of a priory built in the 13th or 14th century, and now used for the parochial church. There are also places of worship for several dissenting sects, three or four schools, and manufactories of hats. It gives the title of earl to the Cavendish family. - Bridlington Quay is situated on a fine bay about a mile from Bridlington, and is much resorted to in summer for bathing. There is here a chalybeate spring. The town has a good harbor, formed of two handsome piers, and an active export trade in corn. Paul Jones captured here the convoy of the Baltic fleet, Sept. 21, 1779.