Double Eagle-$20 (Gold).
Half Eagle-$5 (Gold).
Quarter Eagle-$2.50 (Gold).
Quarter Dollar-25 cents (Silver).
Half Dollar-50 cents (Silver).
Dime-10 cents (Silver).
Coire, Or Chur (Romansch, Cuera; Anc. Curia Rhcetorum), a town of Switzerland, capital of the canton of Grisons, 59 m. S. E. of Zurich; pop. in 1870, 7,552. It occupies a picturesque site at the mouth of the defile of the Plessur, about a mile from the Rhine, and is the principal depot on the route from Italy into Switzerland and western Germany by the Splugen and Bernardino passes. The church of St. Lucius and the bishop's palace are curious old buildings, portions of which date back to the 8th century or earlier. There are also a town hall, public library, Catholic seminary, and cantonal schools. It is the seat of probably the oldest bishopric in Switzerland, dating from the 5th century. The Romansch, a corruption of Latin, is spoken here, and a newspaper is published in that tongue. It is the birthplace of the painter Angelica Kauffman.
Cojutepec, Or Cojutepeqne, a town of San Salvador, Central America, in the department of Cuscatlan, a few miles N. of a lake of the same name, and about 15 m. E. of San Salvador; pop. 15,000. It was the seat of government from 1854 to 1858, San Salvador, the capital, having been destroyed by an earthquake in the former year. The country around it is volcanic. Lake Cojutepec, sometimes called Ilopango, is 12 m. long and 5 m. broad. It is surrounded by high abrupt hills, and is probably the crater of an ancient volcano. It receives no tributary streams, but has a small outlet flowing through a deep ravine into the Rio Jiboa, near the base of the volcano of San Vicente. After a gale its waters assume a dark greenish hue and exhale a disagreeable sulphurous odor, and dead fish are cast ashore in large numbers.
Colberg, Or Kolberg, a town of Pomerania, Prussia, in the circle and 24 m. W. of the city of Koslin, on the Persante, near its mouth in the Baltic; pop. in 1872, 13,130, exclusive of a garrison of about 1,600 men. It possesses a harbor called Miinde, and contains a cathedral, an ancient ducal castle, now used for a charitable institution, several churches, hospitals, factories, salt works, distilleries, extensive salmon and lamprey fisheries, and considerable export trade. The town house and aqueduct are worthy of note. Colberg has a gymnasium and a house of correction, and is noted for its sea bathing. It is memorable for the sieges it stood in 1760 and again in 1761 against the Russians, to whom it capitulated in the latter year, and in 1806-7 against the French, when it was successfully defended by Gneisenau. In February, 1873, the government proposed to dismantle the fortress.