John Berry Mcferrin, an American clergyman, born in Rutherford co., Tenn., June 15, 1807. He received a common school education, and in 1826 joined the Tennessee conference of the Methodist Episcopal church. For two years he was a missionary to the Cherokee Indians. In 1840 he was appointed editor of the " Southwestern Christian Advocate" at Nashville; and in May, 1858, he was made book agent of the M. E. church, South. In 1866 he was elected corresponding secretary of the board of domestic missions of the same church, and on the consolidation of the foreign and domestic boards in 1870 he was made corresponding secretary of the joint board, in which office ho still (1874) continues. He took an active part in the discussions of the general conference of 1844, and was a member of the Louisville convention of 1845, which organized the Methodist Episcopal church, South. He aided in the compilation of "Redford's History of the Organization of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South.1'