Blenheim, Or Blindheim, a village of Bavaria, on the Danube, 23 m. N. N. W. of Augsburg. It was the scene of a battle on Aug. 13, 1704, between the English and Austrians, under the duke of Marlborough and Prince Eugene, and the French and Bavarians, commanded by Tal-lard, Marsin, and the elector of Bavaria. The Anglo-Austrian army numbered about 52,000 men, while that of the French and Bavarians was 56,000 strong. After a fierce contest the duke of Marlborough forced Marshal Tallard to surrender with about 18,000 men, while Eugene utterly routed the Bavarians. There were upward of 10,000 men killed and wounded on the French and Bavarian side, while hundreds were drowned in the Danube. The English lost 5,000 killed and 8,000 wounded. On the European continent this is generally called the battle of Hochstadt, from a small town near the scene. The battle decided the campaign; Bavaria fell into the hands of the Austrians, and the prestige of Louis XIV. was gone. In reward for this victory Queen Anne bestowed upon Marlborough a tract of land since called Blenheim park, containing 2,940 acres, near "Woodstock, Oxfordshire; and upon this was erected, with a parliamentary grant of £500,000, a magnificent residence called Blenheim house, after a design by Sir John Vanbrugh. It was completed in 1715. - Another notable battle occurred near Blenheim in 1800, when the French defeated the Austrians.