Pierre Laromiguiere, a French philosopher, born at Livignac-le-Haut, Guienne, Nov. 3, 1756, died in Paris, Aug. 12, 1837. He was a member of the congregation of doctrinaires, and from 1774 to 1783 taught the classics and philosophy in various colleges in the south of France. He held the chair of philosophy in the college of Toulouse from 1784 till the suppression of the religious communities in 1790. Removing to Paris, he became associated with Sieyes and other leaders of the national assembly. In 1795 he was appointed professor of philosophy in the Prytaneum (lyceum of Louis XIV.), and in the following year was elected a member of the academy of moral and political sciences. In 1811 be was called to the chair of philosophy in the faculty of letters at Paris. His professorship was filled by a deputy from 1813, but he continued to be librarian of the university. His philosophical system is a modification of that of Condillac. His principal work is the Lecons de philosophie (2 vols., 1815-'18), which embraces the lectures delivered by him in 1811 and 1812, and has been from its first appearance adopted for public instruction in France. In later editions other important writings have been included.