Schoharie, an E. county of New York, drained by Schoharie and Catskill creeks; area, 675 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 33,340. A branch of the Catskill mountains occupies the S. and W. part, and a ridge called the Helderberg mountains extends along the E. border. Iron ore, limestone, and sandstone are found, and there are sulphur springs in the northwest. It is traversed by the Albany and Susquehanna and two or three short railroads. The chief productions in 1870 were 66,440 bushels of wheat, 82,452 of rye, 113,097 of Indian corn, 750,091 of oats, 40,127 of barley, 231,230 of buckwheat, 329,488 of potatoes, 95,520 tons of hay, 126,903 lbs. of wool, 2,190,668 of butter,' 112,421 of cheese, 1,610,457 of hops, 84,811 of flax, 69,986 of maple sugar, and 16,998 of honey. There were 8,634 horses, 23,256 milch cows, 15,087 other cattle, 29,293 sheep, and 6,200 swine; 6 manufactories of agricultural implements, 4 of brooms, 10 of carriages and wagons, 2 of cement, 5 of cheese, 12 of cooperage, 1 of cotton goods, 10 of iron castings, 15 of leather, 3 of paper, 12 flour mills, and 10 saw mills.

Capital, Schoharie.