Tiffin, a city and the county seat of Seneca co., Ohio, on the Sandusky river, 77 m. N. by W. of Columbus; pop. in 1870, 5,648. It is an important railroad centre, four lines intersecting here, viz.: the Cincinnati, Sandusky, and Cleveland; Toledo, Tiffin, and Eastern; Mansfield, Coldwater, and Lake Michigan; and Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Chicago. There are important manufactories, including one of agricultural implements, one of woollens, one of steam engines, etc, two of shoes, two of sash, doors, and blinds, one of wagon hounds, one of furniture, one of stoves, and one of carriages. The city contains a national bank, a savings bank, five public schools, one daily and four weekly (one German) newspapers, and 11 churches. It is the seat of Heidelberg college and theological seminary, founded by the German Reformed church in 1850. The college has classical and scientific courses. In 1874-'5 fhere were 10 instructors (2 theological) and 221 students (13 theological, 102 collegiate, and 106 preparatory); the libraries contained 5,000 volumes.