A N. County Of Georgia, bounded N. E. by the Appalachee river and drained by the head streams of the Ocmulgee and Oconee rivers; area, 320 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 11,038, of whom 4,162 were colored. The surface is elevated and undulating, and the soil generally fertile. Iron ore and granite abound, and gold has been found. The county is intersected by the Georgia railroad. The chief productions in 1870 were 46,772 bushels of wheat, 178,553 of Indian corn, 34,022 of oats, 20,365 of sweet potatoes, 81,219 lbs. of butter, 6,160 of wool, and 3,536 bales of cotton. There were 1,288 horses, 2,064 milch cows, 3,627 other cattle, 4,219 sheep, and 9,555 swine. Capital, Monroe.
A N. W. County Of Florida, bordering on Alabama, bounded E. by the Choctawhatchee river and S. by Choctawhatchee bay, and intersected by the Yellow Water river; area, 1,480 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 3,041, of whom 405 were colored. The surface is level, and the soil is fertile in the N. and poor in the S. part. It is partly covered with forests of pine. The chief productions in 1870 were 35,574 bushels of Indian corn, 19,164 of sweet potatoes, 17,150 lbs. of butter, 4,125 of wool, 1,627 of tobacco, and 299 bales of cotton. There were 287 horses, 2,770 milch cows, 7,978 other cattle, 2,537 sheep, and 5,886 swine. Capital, Euchee Anna.