Milford Haven, a harbor of Pembrokeshire, Wales, the deepest, safest, and most commodious in Great Britain, formed by an inlet of St. George's channel, N. W. of the entrance to Bristol channel. Its opening is toward the. south, but after penetrating a short distance inland it changes its direction and runs east, branching off into numerous bays, creeks, and road.. It is about 10 in. long and from 1 to 2 in wide, and is defended by two batteries. The tides rise from 28 to 30 ft., and at low water it contains as great an area of deep anchorage an the aggregate of Plymouth, Portland, and Holyhead. It has substantial docks and piers, and is a great resort for shipping. A royal dockyard was established here in 1790, but it was removed to Pembroke in 1814. The number of entrances at the port in 1871 was 31, tonnage 8,190; clearances 5, tonnage 2,183. The imports from the United States in 1871 were valued at £2,051, from other countries £24,355. Milford (pop. in 1871, 2,830) is a modern place, and is engaged chiefly in ship building.
It is connected by rail with the South Wales line.