g. For the raising of any sums in cash deemed by the Committee in its uncontrolled discretion to be necessary or expedient for any of the purposes of the reorganization or readjustment of the Company, its affairs and properties.
h. For the continuance of the present Company with such adjustment of its obligations and changes in its management as in the discretion of the Committee seem necessary.
i. For the institution of a voting or other trust to secure a measure of permanence in the management of the Company.
j. For the operation by the Committee, through a new corporation organized by the Committee, or otherwise, of all or any part of the property of the Company or of any of its subsidiaries, whether now held or hereafter to be acquired by the Company or by the Committee, as a manufacturing or as a real estate proposition, or otherwise; and for the improvement of the real estate, the construction, alteration or repair of buildings, or the operation or discontinuance of the power plant.
20. For the purpose of carrying out the terms of any such plan and agreement, the Committee, as the agent and attorney of the Depositors or otherwise may sell, exchange and deliver all the deposited securities or any of them, and may sell or resell, assign, transfer, deliver, convey and set over the property or any part thereof purchased or acquired by or on behalf of the Committee under the authority conferred by any of the provisions of this agreement.
21. Any sale or exchange of the deposited securities and any purchase or acquisition or sale or disposition of all or any of the property or properties above mentioned and which shall be provided for in or authorized by any such plan and agreement shall be made for such consideration and upon such terms and conditions as shall be expressed in said plan and agreement.
22. Any such plan and agreement of reorganization or readjustment may be prepared or approved and adopted by the Commiteee, either before or after a sale (under foreclosure or otherwise) or a contract for the sale of the property of the Company or any part thereof.
23. Any such plan and agreement may constitute and appoint managers of the reorganization or readjustment under it, and provide for their compensation and expenses, and the members of the Committee or any of them may act as such managers or may be members of any committee thereby constituted or therein referred to, and may make provision for the payment of the compensation and expenses of the Committee, and under any such plan and agreement the payment thereof, as well as of all indebtedness, obligations and liabilities incurred by the Committee, may be charged upon the securities and property or any part of the securities or property at any time subject to such plan and agreement. Any such plan and agreement may contain any terms and provisions and confer upon the Committee or upon any other committee under such plan and agreement, or if such plan and agreement shall constitute managers of said reorganization or readjustment, on the managers thereunder, any powers and discretion which the Committee in its uncontrolled discretion may deem proper or expedient, and although not expressed or contemplated in this agreement, and may impose such conditions on participation therein or in the benefits thereof as the Committee may, as aforesaid, deem wise; and full power and discretion in these respects is conferred upon the Committee.
24. Whenever the Committee shall have prepared or approved and adopted any such plan and agreement, a copy thereof shall be filed with the Depositary, and thereupon a brief notice of the fact of such preparation or approval and adoption and filing shall be mailed to each depositor postage prepaid at his address appearing upon the books of the Depositary, and may, if the Committee deems it necessary, be published by the Committee at least twice in each week for two successive weeks in such two newspapers of general circulation published one in the...................., and the other in the...................., as the Committee shall select; and the mailing, or publication, of said notice shall be conclusive notice as of the date of mailing or of its first publication to all the Depositors and to all holders of certificates of deposit of the preparation or approval and adoption of such plan and agreement by the Committee and of the filing of a copy thereof with the Depositary.
25. Any holder of a certificate of deposit may at any time within the period of thirty days commencing on the date of the mailing as hereinbefore provided or of the first publication of such notice of the preparation or approval and adoption of any plan and agreement by the Committee, upon surrender of his certificate of deposit with a properly executed transfer thereof to the Depositary, and upon prior payment to the Depositary, should the Committee so require, for the account of the Committee, of such an amount as the Committee may, in its sole and uncontrolled discretion, fix as a fair contribution on his part (not exceeding.....% of the par value of the securities deposited by him) towards the expenses of the Committee, withdraw from this agreement. The Committee may also require any holder of any certificate of deposit so withdrawing, as a condition of such withdrawal, to pay to the Committee such pro rata share as the Committee may prescribe of any advances which may have been made by or to the Committee for purposes other than its expenses, in which event the withdrawing certificate holder shall receive such evidence of interest in such advances as the Committee, in its sole and uncontrolled discretion, may prescribe. Upon such payments being made if required, any holder of a certificate of deposit shall be entitled to receive the securities represented by his certificate of deposit. Upon such withdrawal, and without further act, holders of certificates of deposit shall be fully relieved from the obligations of this agreement and shall cease to have any rights hereunder, except as may be expressed in such evidence of interest, if any, in the Committee's advances as they may receive from the Committee. Holders of certificates of deposit who do not so withdraw within said period of thirty days shall be conclusively and finally deemed for all purposes to have irrevocably waived the right of withdrawal hereby given to them, and such plan and agreement shall be binding on all holders of certificates of deposit who shall not have so withdrawn their deposited securities, all of whom shall be conclusively and finally deemed for all purposes to have assented to the said plan and agreement and the terms thereof, whether they received actual notice or not, and be irrevocably bound and concluded by the same. No holder of any certificate of deposit shall, at any time prior to the mailing, or first publication of such notice of the preparation, or approval and adoption by the Committee of a plan of reorganization and readjustment be entitled to withdraw from this agreement or to receive the deposited securities represented by the certificate of deposit held by him, except as provided by the next succeeding paragraph of this agreement and except also in the event of the amendment or termination of this agreement as provided by Articles Eighth and Ninth hereof and then only subject to the conditions and limitations in said respective articles provided. 26. In the event that no notice of the preparation or approval and adoption of any plan and agreement of reorganization or readjustment shall be given by the Committee within five years from the date of this agreement by the mailing of or by the first publication of such notice within said period of five years from the date hereof, any holder of a certificate of deposit may, after the expiration of said period of five years, withdraw from this agreement upon surrender of his certificate of deposit, with a properly executed transfer thereof to the Depositary and upon prior payment to the Depositary, should the Committee so require, for the account of the Committee, of such sums as the Committee is empowered hereunder to fix in case of a withdrawal by a Depositor of his securities within thirty days of the mailing or publication of notice of the adoption of a plan, and thereupon he shall be entitled to receive the securities deposited by him and described in his certificate of deposit to the amount represented by his certificate of deposit; provided, however, that if any notice of the preparation or approval and adoption of any such plan and agreement or reorganization or readjustment shall be given by the Committee in the manner hereinbefore provided after the expiration of said period of five years from the date of this agreement, no holder of any certificate of deposit who shall not, prior to the date of the mailing or of the first publication of such notice have withdrawn from this agreement as provided in this paragraph, shall thereafter be entitled to withdraw from this agreement except within the period of thirty days commencing on the date of the mailing or of the first publication of such notice as hereinbefore provided.