12, medium sized and ripe 1, finely chopped
2 teaspoonfuls 2 teaspoonfuls 2 teaspoonfuls
2 teaspoonfuls grated
2. How does the composition of apples compare with that of carrots ?
4. What other foods must be served with potato to make a meal complete?
5. How may we best retain the mineral matter of vegetables in cooking ?
6. Is it allowable to cook a vegetable in boiling water and throw away the water?
8. Why more time for an old beet than for a young?
9. Find the cost of potatoes in your locality. Estimate the cost of a dish of mashed potato for five people.
10. Estimate the cost of 100-Calorie portions of several vegetables. See Fig. 36.