Bollinger

Bollinger, a S. E. county of Missouri, drained by affluents of Little river; area, 500 sq. m.; pop. in 1870, 8,162, of whom 46 were colored. The St. Louis and Iron Mountain railroad passes through it. The surface is generally level and the soil fertile. The productions in 1870 were 51,286 bushels of wheat, 395,953 of Indian corn, 135,986 of oats, and 32,-210 lbs. of tobacco. There were 2,579 horses, 2,173 milch cows, 3,306 other cattle, 9,808 sheep, and 18,938 swine. Capital, Dallas.

Bollulos Del Coudado

Bollulos Del Coudado, a town of Spain, in the province and 20 m. N. E. of the city of Huelva; pop. about 5,000. The streets are narrow, but there is one public square. The town contains several churches, schools, and convents, a town hall, a prison, and a hospital. The principal products are wine, oil, and brandy.

Bolonchen

Bolonchen, a village of Yucatan, 60 m. E. N. E. of Campeachy. In the plaza of the village are nine ancient wells, cut through a stratum of rock, and communicating with a common reservoir. In the vicinity is a large cave which contains seven pools of water, of which one is 450 ft. beneath the surface of the ground. These supply the village when the wells fail in the summer months.

Bolor Tagh, Or Palolo Tagh

Bolor Tagh, Or Palolo Tagh, properly the W. portion of the Karakorum range of mountains in central Asia, lying between the sources of the Gilgit and the Nabra, affluents of the Indus, and separating Cashmere from Chinese Turkistan. This range on the west merges in the Hindoo Koosh. ' The name is, however, generally applied to the Belur or Belut Tagh, a range which, running N. and S., connects the chains of Thian-shan and Kuen-lun, and forms the W. boundary of Chinese Turkistan.

Bolswert, Or Bolsward, Boetius Adam

Bolswert, Or Bolsward, Boetius Adam, a Dutch engraver, born at Bolsward in Friesland in 1580, died in 1634. He executed many valuable engravings after designs of Bloemaert and Rubens. - His younger brother, Scheltius, rose to higher fame in the same art, especially distinguishing himself by his prints after some of the best works of Rubens and Vandyke. Both brothers practised their art at Antwerp.

Bolton, Or Bolton-Lc-Moors

Bolton, Or Bolton-LC-Moors, a manufacturing town and borough of Lancashire, England, 11 m. N. W. of Manchester; pop. in 1871, 82,854. The Croal, a tributary of the Irwell, divides the place into Great and Little' Bolton. The manufacture of woollens was introduced here by the Flemings in 1337, but the inventions of Ark-wright and Crompton, both natives of the place, laid the foundation of its present prosperity.

It is now one of the principal seats of the cotton manufacture in England. The bleach and dye works here are among the largest in the kingdom, and it has also print works, extensive founderies, steam engine and machine works, paper, flax, and saw mills. Numerous coal pits are worked in the vicinity. The town is well supplied with water, and is connected by canal and railway with Manchester and Bury, and by railway with Liverpool, Preston, Leigh, and Blackburn. It sends two members to parliament.