8. It is agreed, that should the Player become ill or disabled, as provided in the last preceding paragraph, he, whenever and as often as he may be requested so to do by the Employer, or its assigns, shall submit himself to medical examination and treatment by a regular physician or surgeon in good standing, to be selected by the Employer, or its assigns. Such examination shall be at the expense of the Player.
9. It is agreed, that if the Player shall be guilty of any violation of Club Rules, or of the Constitution or Playing Rules of the said League and Association, or of any clause of this contract, or of disobedience, insubordination or neglect of duty, or of failure to keep himself in good physical condition, or of failure to preserve his playing ability unimpaired, he shall forfeit from his wages or salary due or to become due to him a sum not exceeding fifty dollars, for each of such offenses or failures, without suspending or excusing him from any duty or obligation under this contract.
10. It is agreed, that if the Employer, or its assigns, shall at any time, in accordance with the Playing Rules of the said League and Association, be required to transmit to the Secretary of said League and Association any fine or fines inflicted upon the Player by the umpire, in any game of ball, or if any fine imposed upon the Player by any other authority under such rules, or under the Constitution or Laws of said League and Association, shall be paid by the Employer or its assigns, or withheld by any other club or association from its share of gate receipts in any game, the amount of any such fine or fines shall be deducted and withheld by the Employer or its assigns, from the wages or salary due, or to become due, to the Player under this contract, in like manner as such forfeitures as he may incur under paragraph 9 of the contract are to be deducted and withheld by the Employer, or its assigns, from his wages or salary accrued or to accrue.
11. It is agreed, that the Player undertakes to and will keep himself fully informed concerning all the Article of said Constitution, and of all of said Playing Rules, and all other Rules and Regulations of the said........and........, now published or hereafter during his term of employment to be published and in force, and will, in like manner, inform himself concerning ail rules and regulations at any time published, adopted or enforced by the Employer, or its assigns, during his term of employment, for the government of its players and other employees, and that he will observe and obey the same and strictly conform thereto. It is agreed that said Constitution, Playing Rules and Rules and Regulations are to be considered and taken as part of this contract, binding on the parties hereto, as if the same were written and fully set forth herein.
12. It is agreed, that in ail matters of discipline, and at all times on the ball field, in practice or play, the Player shall be subject to the control and direction of the captain of the "nine" or team of the club of the Employer, or its assigns, for the time being, and shall cheerfully and promptly obey his directions and requests, and recognize and respect his authority in the management and control of the "nine" or team. In no event shall the Player refuse to play in any game of ball in which the "nine" of the club, or of any club to which he may be assigned, takes part, unless excused therefrom by the captain of the "nine," or incapacitated by reason of any bodily infirmity, illness, or lack of sound physical condition, or suffering from any accident or injury as provided in paragraphs 7 and 8 of this contract, but shall, at all times, during the playing season covered by this contract, hold himself in readiness to play whenever, wherever or with whatever club the management of the club or the captain may designate, except as aforesaid.
13. It is agreed, that should the Player violate any of the conditions, covenants or agreements on his part in this contract contained, the Employer, or its assigns, shall have the right to terminate this contract on reasonable notice, and no further payments shall thereafter be due or payable to the Player, under this contract or otherwise. If the Player shall be expelled by said Employer, or its assigns, as herein provided, he shall thereupon forfeit all claim for wages or salary from and after the time of such expulsion.
14. It is agreed, that should the Employer resign, withdraw, or be expelled from the said League and Association, of which the Employer is now a Club Member, then this contract, and the rights of the Employer thereunder, may, at the option of the Player, after ten days' written notice, be annulled, ended and determined. But if, prior to such resignation, withdrawal or expulsion this contract shall be assigned (either by writing of the Employer, or by the operation of the provisions of said Constitution) to another Club Member of said League and Association, or to a Club Member of another League or Association, subject to the National Agreement of Professional Base Ball Associations, then in either event this contract shall continue in full force, with all its terms, provisions and conditions unimpaired and unaffected by such assignment, binding and obligatory as well upon the Player as upon the said Club Member accepting such assignment. Provided, that the Employer shall be liable to the Player for whatever proportion of the salary or compensation mentioned in paragraph 17 as may be earned, due or in arrears up to and including the expiration of the ten days' notice of annulment above recited or up to and including the day of assignment, if this contract shall have been previously assigned, to such other club. But if the Player shall, at the expiration of said ten days' notice of annulment, be indebted by reason of advances or otherwise to the Employer, said notice of annulment shall be void and of no effect, unless the amount of such indebtedness be paid or tendered to the Employer at or before the expiration of said ten days' notice of annulment.
15. It is agreed, that the Employer, or its assigns, shall furnish the Player with the usual playing uniforms and necessary outfit, exclusive of shoes, for which the said Employer, or its assigns, shall be allowed $........toward the cost thereof, to be deducted from the wages or salary herein prescribed. The Employer, or its assigns, agrees to provide and furnish the Player, while "abroad" or traveling with the "nine" or team in other cities, with proper board, lodging, and to pay all his proper and necessary traveling expenses.
16. It is agreed, that the Employer, or its assigns, may, at any time after the beginning and prior to the completion of the term of this contract, give the Player ten days' written notice of its option and intention to end and determine all its liabilities and obligations under this contract, in which event, upon the expiration of said ten days, all liabilities and obligations undertaken by the Employer, or its assigns, in this contract, shall at once cease and determine; the Player shall thereupon be also freed and discharged from his obligations hereunder, and shall have no claim for salary or other compensation for any period after said ten days. If such notice be given to the Player while "abroad" with the club, he shall be entitled, at or before the expiration of said ten days, to his necessary traveling expenses to........... But if this contract shall be so ended and determined by the Employer, or its assigns, after the beginning and before the end of the term of employment under this contract, without any fault or neglect of duty on the part of the Player, then the Player shall be entitled to salary or compensation at the contract rate for said ten days in addition to the sum earned and due, and unpaid to him at the time of the giving of notice of termination as aforesaid, whether during said ten days the Player shall be required to perform services, or not, but he may be required to perform services under this contract, during said ten days, at the option of the Employer, or its assigns, without affecting the validity or force of such notice.
17. In consideration of the faithful performance of the conditions, covenants, undertakings and promises herein by the Player, inclusive of the concession of the options of release and renewals prescribed in paragraphs 16 and 18 the Employer for itself and its assigns, hereby agrees to pay the Player for his services for said term, ..........dollars, payable as follows:..................................
18. It is agreed for the consideration above mentioned, that the Employer, or its assigns, shall have the option or right to renew this contract with all its terms, provisions and conditions for another period of......months, beginning............, and for a similar period in......successive years thereafter, and the Player agrees to perform similar services and be subject to all the obligations, duties and liabilities prescribed in this contract for the period or periods of such renewal or renewals, provided only that written notice of the exercise of such option of renwal be served upon the Player prior to the.......
day of........of the current year of this contract and of the current year of each renewal thereof.