(See also Liniments and Lotions.)
Embrocation for Strains. 1. Soft soap 1 oz., spirit of wine 4 oz., oil of rosemary 2 drs., camphor 2 drs.
2. For strains in the shoulder. Oil of turpentine 1 oz., camphorated spirit 2 oz. - Blacker.
3. Equal quantities of soft soap, oil of turpentine, spirit of wine, and elder ointment. - White.
4. Soft soap 2 oz., oil of bays 1 oz., water of ammonia 1 1/2 oz., oil of origanum 1/2 oz.
5. Barbadoes tar 2 oz., spirit of turpentine 2 oz., opodeldoc 4 oz. After fomenting with hot vinegar and Goulard. - Taplin.
Mustard Embrocations. 1. Mustard flour 4 oz., water of ammonia 1 1/2 oz., oil of turpentine 1 oz., water enough to bring it to the consistence of cream.
2. Camphor 1 oz., oil of turpentine 1 oz., water of ammonia 2 oz., flour of mustard 8 oz., water to form a thin paste. - White.
Embrocations for Poll Evil. Spirit of wine 1/2 pint, camphor
2 drs., Goulard's extract of lead 1 dr.; mix. - Hinds. See