Chiefly used for sprinkling-greasy or ulcerated heels, after the inflammation has been subdued by poultices, - and in joint wounds.
4. Sulphate of zinc, chalk slightly calcined, white pepper, in equal parts. - B. Clark.
5. Alum 4 oz., bole 1 oz. - White.
7. White vitriol 2 oz., oxide of zinc 1 oz. - White.
8. Prepared chalk 4 oz., sulphate of zinc 1 oz., charcoal 1 oz., Armenian bole 2 oz. - Spooner.
1. Equal parts of calcined white vitriol and alum. - Bracken.
2. Bole 2 drs., blue vitriol or verdigris 1 oz. - White.
4. Red precipitate 1/2 oz., burnt alum 2 drs.
5. Blue vitriol 1 oz., alum 1 oz., white lead 1 oz.
6. Equal parts of verdigris and sugar of lead. - Clater.
7. Alum, dried sulphate of iron, and myrrh, equal parts: in joint wounds.
8. Alum, sulphate of iron, of zinc, and of copper, of each 1 oz., muriate of ammonia 1/2 oz., camphor and saffron, of each, 1 1/2 dr. - Bouchardat.