Form prepared and used by Lawyers Title & Trust Company of New York.1
Williston, Sections 411, 430, 487, 488-494, 519, 523, 578, 586, 675, 723, 729, 767, 791, 841, 847, 852, 853, 854, 923, 924, 925, 926 note, 930, 936 to 938, 940, 1347, 1399, 1400, 1430, 1443, 1456, 1480 note, 1571, 1642, 1705, 1919, 2002.
herein designated as the party of the first part, and..........
............herein designated as the party of the second part,
1. Witnesseth: The party of the first part, in consideration of one dollar paid, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, and also in consideration of the conveyance by the party of the second part of the premises hereinafter secondly described, hereby agrees to sell and convey to the party of the second part, at a valuation for the purposes of this contract of...........
2. The party of the second part, in consideration of one dollar paid, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, and also in consideration of such conveyance by the party of the first
part, agrees to sell and convey to the party of the first part, at a valuation for the purposes of this contract of..............
1 Numbers were assigned to paragraphs for convenience of reference.
...............................................Dollars, all that lot or parcel of land, with the buildings and improvements thereon, in the....................................
3. The premises which are to be conveyed by the party of the first part are to be conveyed subject to the following incumbrances:
4. The premises which are to be conveyed by the party of the second part are to be conveyed subject to the following incumbrances:
5. The difference between the value of the respective premises, over and above incumbrances shall be deemed, for the purposes of this contract, to be.......................dollars, and that sum shall be due and payable by the party of the ...............part, as follows:
6. Said premises are sold subject to building restrictions and regulations in resolution or ordinance adopted by the Board of Estimate and Apportionment of the City of New York, July 25, 1916, and amendments and additions thereto now in force.
7. The deeds shall be delivered and exchanged upon the receipt of said payments at the office of.....................
Rents and interest on mortgages, rents of gas ranges..........
if any are to be apportioned.
8. If there be a water meter on either of the premises, the seller thereof shall furnish a reading to a date not more than thirty days prior to date herein set for closing title and the unfixed meter charge for the intervening time shall be apportioned on the basis of such last meter reading.
9. If, at the time for the delivery of the deeds, either of the premises or any part thereof shall be or shall have been affected by any assessment or assessments which are or may become payable in annual installments of which the first installment is then due or has been paid, then for the purposes of this contract all the unpaid installments of any such assessment, including those which are to become due and payable after the delivery of the deed, shall be deemed to be due and payable and to be liens upon the premises affected thereby and shall be paid and discharged by the seller thereof upon the delivery of the deed.
10. Each deed shall be in proper statutory short form for record, shall contain the usual full covenants and warranty, and shall be duly executed and acknowledged by the seller, at the seller's expense, so as to convey to the purchaser the fee simple of the premises respectively therein described free of all incumbrances except as herein stated.
11. This sale covers all right, title and interest of the seller of, in and to any land lying in the bed of any street, road or avenue, opened or proposed, in front of or adjoining said premises, to the centre line thereof, or all right, title and interest of seller in and to any award made or to be made in lieu thereof, and the seller will execute and deliver to the purchaser, on closing of title, or thereafter, on demand, all proper instruments for the conveyance of such title and the assignment and collection of such award.
12. All personal property appurtenant to or used in the operation of either of said premises is represented to be owned by the seller thereof and is included in this sale.
13. All notes or notices of violation of law or municipal ordinances, orders or requirements noted in or issued by any Department of the City of New York against or affecting the premises at the date hereof, shall be complied with by the seller and the premises shall be conveyed free of the same. The seller shall furnish the purchaser with an authorization to make the necessary searches therefor.
14. All sums paid on account of this contract and the reasonable expense of the examination of the title to said premises are hereby made liens thereon, but such liens shall not continue after default by the purchaser under this contract.
15. The risk of loss or damage to said premises by fire until the delivery of the deed is assumed by the seller of each of said premises respectively.
Witness the signatures and seals of the above parties. In presence of