Leamington (Lem'ing-tun), a watering-place of Warwickshire, is beautifully situated on the Leam, 2 miles NE. of Warwick. It is wholly of modern growth, having become important only since the rediscovery of its mineral waters in 1784. They are saline, sulphureous, and chalybeate ; and the watering-season lasts from October till May. The town, too, stands in the centre of a good hunting-country. Among its buildings are the Pump-room (1868), the Warne-ford Hospital (1832), assembly-rooms (1813), music-hall (1821), tennis-court (1847), college (1844), new municipal offices, and the fine old parish church. The manufacture of cooking-ranges is an important industry. Visited by the Duchess of Kent and the Princess Victoria in 1830, Leamington in 1838 received the name of 'Royal Leamington Spa.' It was incorporated in 1875, and since 1885 has united with Warwick to return one member. Pop. (1811) 543; (1851) 15,692 ; (1901) 26,888, the borough having been extended in 1890. See F. W. Smith's Leamington Waters (1884).