1. The Landlord for and in consideration of the rents, covenants, conditions, provisions and agreements hereinafter mentioned, reserved and contained on the part and behalf of the Tenant to be paid, kept and performed, has granted and demised and the said Tenant has hired the premises bounded and described as follows:.........___............................
To have and to hold the above mentioned and described agreed that such reletting may be for the whole of said residue of the demised term or for portions thereof from time to time, and may be of the whole premises or of portions thereof, from time to time, as opportunity may offer and as the Landlord may deem expedient, and, in such case, the Tenant shall be liable for such difference from time to time, as the rent would have fallen due if this lease had continued, deducting from the original of each payment for a given period, as provided herein, the net amount realized during the last preceding similar period of reletting as aforesaid. And the Tenant does further waive for itself and all persons claiming under it all right to redeem the premises (under Secs. 1437 and 1438 of the Civil Practice Act of the State of New York, or otherwise) after a warrant to dispossess shall have been issued or after a judgment in an action of ejectment shall have been made or entered, unless such right shall be exercised within thirty days after the warrant or judgment respectively shall have been issued or entered, respectively.
13. It is agreed that, in case of damage by fire or the elements, the Tenant shall give immmediate notice thereof in writing to the Landlord, and, if a part only of the said building shall be damaged, but not so as to render the premises wholly untenantable, the rent shall abate proportionately and the Landlord shall commence within fifteen (15) days after notice to repair the same at its own cost and expense, and complete said repairs with due and reasonable diligence; if the damage shall be so extensive as to render the said building wholly untenantable, the rent shall cease from the time the Landlord shall be notified by the Tenant of such damage until the said building is restored to a tenantable condition and after the said building is restored to a tenantable condition, the rent shall begin again to run and be payable as before the damage; but, in case the said building shall be totally destroyed by fire or the elements, or the damage shall be so great that it will be necessary to rebuild the entire building or erect a new building on the site, the rent shall be apportioned pro rata and paid up to the time of such destruction or damage, and upon such payment being duly made by the Tenant, this lease shall come to an end- The Tenant hereby expressly waives the provisions of Section 227
5. The Tenant covenants to pay to the Landlord yearly and every year during the said term hereby granted, the rent reserved, on the days and in the manner prescribed as aforesaid for the payment thereof, without any deduction, or delay, according to the true intent and meaning of this lease.
6. The Tenant further covenants and agrees that it will, at its own proper cost and charges, bear, pay and discharge, within thirty (30) days after the same shall become a lien against the demised premises, any and all water rents or charges, whether regular or by meter, or both, which shall be imposed, assessed or charged upon or against the demised premises or any part thereof, by any authority or law, present or future, whatsoever, and will, within twenty (20) days after such payment, deliver to the Landlord the receipt showing such payment, and, in the event of the Tenant failing to pay the same, it shall and may be lawful for the Landlord, without notice or demand, to pay the amount of any such water charge, with any expense attending the same, and the amount so paid shall immediately be due and payable to the Landlord by the Tenant as additional rent, and shall be collectible as rent within the meaning of all the terms, covenants, conditions and agreements of this lease.
7. The Tenant covenants that it will, throughout said term at its own expense, make and do all repairs of all kinds, both inside and outside (except repairs made necessary by fire, or by damage by the elements rendering the building untenantable as a whole or any substantial part thereof) to the demised premises, including the roof thereof, and keep the same in good order and repair, and observe and be responsible for, and bear all expenses of complying with all orders, ordinances, rules, regulations and requirements of all Municipal, State and Federal authorities relative to the demised premises or any part thereof.
8. The Tenant covenants that it will not, at any time or times, hereafter, during the continuance of the term hereby demised, assign, transfer or make over the whole of the premises hereby granted or its present lease, or any renewal thereof, or any of its term or time therein or sublet the same without the consent of the Landlord in writing, for that purpose first had quent owner of the demised premises shall make covering said premises, and to any and all advances to be made thereunder, and to the interest thereon, and the said Tenant further agrees for itself, its successors and assigns, to execute, acknowledge and deliver, upon demand, all such agreements on its part as shall be necessary to carry out the intention of this provision.
19. The failure of the Landlord to insist upon strict performance of any of the covenants or conditions of this lease or to exercise any option herein conferred in any one or more instances, shall not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment for the future of any such covenants, conditions or options, but the same shall be and remain in full force and effect.