Coina, a town of Spain, 20 miles WSW. of Malaga. Pop. 9972.
Coire. See Chur.
Cojutepeque (Ko-hoo-te-pay'kay), a town of San Salvador, Central America, 15 miles E. of the capital. Pop. 10,000.
Colberg, or Kolberg, a seaport and watering-place of Prussia, in Pomerania, on the Persante, near its mouth in the Baltic, 170 miles NNE. of Berlin by rail. It manufactures woollens, agricultural machines, and spirits. Pop. 20,250.
Coldingham, a Berwickshire village, 46 miles ESE. of Edinburgh, with remains of an Augus-tinian priory (1098). Pop. 482.
Coldstream, a Berwickshire town, 15 miles SW. of Berwick by rail, on the Tweed, with a fine bridge by Smeaton (1766). Pop. 1482.
Coleford, in Gloucestershire, 4 miles ESE. of Monmouth, pop. 2540; also a town of Somerset, 6 miles NW. of Frome, pop. 1520.
Colenso, a small town of Natal, on the Tugela, 15 miles S. of Ladysmith, where on 15th Dec* 1899 Buller was defeated by the Boers.
Coleorton, Leicestershire, 3 miles E. by N. of Ashby-de-la-Zouch, the seat of Sir George Beaumont, connoisseur and art-patron. See Knight's Memorials of Coleorton (2 vols. 1887).
Coleraine, a river-port in County Londonderry, on the Bann, 4 miles from its mouth, 33 by rail NE. of Londonderry. It has manufactures of fine linens, pork-curing, distilling, and important river fisheries. Until 1885 Coleraine returned a member to Parliament. Pop. (1861) 6236; (1901) 6929.
Coleroon, the largest and most northerly branch from the Kaveri, flows 94 miles to the Bay of Bengal.
Colesberg, a town of Cape Colony, 142 miles by rail SW. of Bloemfontein. It was the scene of active operations during the war, 1899-1902. Pop. about 2000.
Coleshill, a Warwickshire market-town, 10 miles ENE. of Birmingham. Pop. of parish, 2535.
Colima (Ko-lee'ma), a Pacific Mexican state, with an area of 2694 sq. m., and a pop. (1890) of 72,591. The capital is Colima, 1450 feet above the sea, and 40 miles ENE. of the port of Man-zanillo. Pop. 20,251. Beyond the state frontier, about 35 miles NE. of the capital, rises the volcano of Colima (12,750 feet), which burst out in June 1869.
Colinsburgh, a Fife village, 1 3/4 mile N. by W. of Kilconquhar station. It was founded about 1718 by Colin, Earl of Balcarres. Pop. 854.
Colinton, a Midlothian village, on the Water of Leith, 4 miles SW. of Edinburgh. Pop. 776.
Coll, one of the Argyllshire Hebrides, 16 miles W. of Tobermory in Mull. It is 13 miles long, 1 to 3 1/2 broad, 326 feet high, and 30 sq. m. in area. Pop. (1801) 1162; (1901) 432.
Col'le, a cathedral city of Italy, on the Elsa, 24 miles SSW. of Florence. Pop. 5090.
Collingwood, a town of Ontario, on the south shore of Georgian Bay. It has factories, shipyards, and grain-elevators, and a considerable trade in lumber and grain. Pop. 5445. - Another Collingwood is a suburb of Melbourne (q.v.).